classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My logo and text are scattered when I convert ithem to SVG

mineralman
Hello everyone,

I am new to Libre CAD and my question is this, I managed to create a custom logo text and when I export the DXF to SVG and open it with Inkscape the letters are scattered and some of  them are not even inside the layer, is there a solution?

thanks for your help
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My logo and text are scattered when I convert ithem to SVG

dellus
Without a look on the file not much can be said. You can provide the file here with  -More v-  -Upload a file-.
What is your intention? Why export to SVG? Export to SVG in LibreCAD is more intended for CAD/CAM purposes. For graphical use better export to PDF and open that in Inkscape.
Reply | Threaded
|

mineralman
thanks dellus

What I want is to be able to personalize my logo and  to make my own font and since I cannot master the measurement tools of graphics softwares I turned to CAD in which I can better measure the dimensions

Here is my project: dxf atoss.dxf

svg:atoss.svg
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
The problem would have been easier to understand with a screenshot of the input and output. It's pretty clear it is a bug with LO export to svg.

For a logo you want high quality. I suspect all the data is there but some of the X coordinates are wrong. It might be better to just edit them in the svg file.

Using https://cloudconvert.com/dxf-to-svg atoss.svg it seems you would want to clip the output too:

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by mineralman
It seems it has something to do with the use of blocks. If you explode the the whole drawing before exporting to svg it turns out right. You also can open the dxf directly in Inkscape, turns out right.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Block features are too buggy, some help needed.

dellus wrote
It seems it has something to do with the use of blocks. If you explode the the whole drawing before exporting to svg it turns out right. You also can open the dxf directly in Inkscape, turns out right.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
This issue appears to be limited to the SVG generator though.

dxli wrote
Block features are too buggy, some help needed.

dellus wrote
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by mineralman
I pushed a fix for blocks in SVG:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/56b3cfb59e4b152bd2ce7874793ad74639ed9eb3

it works for me so far with atoss.dxf

As the block feature of LibreCAD is not satisfying, it may help to explode block instances to workaround block bugs.

mineralman wrote
thanks dellus

What I want is to be able to personalize my logo and  to make my own font and since I cannot master the measurement tools of graphics softwares I turned to CAD in which I can better measure the dimensions

Here is my project: dxf atoss.dxf

svg:atoss.svg
Reply | Threaded
|

mineralman

Impressive! well done dxli, I'm glad if my problem helped to fix bugs in LibreCAD, I didn't know that Inkscape handles DXF files, and it works fine, it's the result I expected except the points of constraints, I don't know how to get rid of them?
Reply | Threaded
|

mineralman

I finally managed to remove the constraint point the result is perfect and clean,

Thanks all for your help
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Great.

I also added an option to control point exporting.

In addition, you may also use LibreCAD as a command line conversion tool to convert dxf to svg.

To generate foo.svg from foo.dxf:

librecad dxf2svg foo.dxf

mineralman wrote
I finally managed to remove the constraint point the result is perfect and clean,

Thanks all for your help
Reply | Threaded
|

mineralman
I apreciate it dxli, i hope the best for you