Carl Gustafson
I'm using:

Version: 2.2.0-rc1-36-g439d75d
Compiler: GNU GCC 5.3.0
Compiled on: Aug 15 2018
Qt Version: 5.5.1
Boost Version: 1.59.0
System: Slackware 14.2

Compiled from the github repo. A simple test case is attached below. (If I did it right)

The saved drawing has two layers: The 0 layer, and one named Page border.
On Page border, there is a single rectangle.

Text from the command line is:

Loaded document: /home/carl/Documents/CAD/LibreCad Templates/Test Drawing.dxf

No rectangle, no border; but there's data in the file (looking at it with kate). Clicking on auto zoom (as suggested in other postings) has no effect.

Any suggestions for trouble-shooting? If you point me to the right place, I'm perfectly comfortable putting debug stuff into the source.

Test_Drawing.dxf

Carl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nothing shows when opening a saved drawing

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome Carl!

I can open your test drawing and I can see the rectangle on the Page border layer.

Maybe posting a screenshot of LibreCAD window, with test file opened, could help, even when the drawing area is empty.

Only issue I see, that you obviously sized your rectangle in inches but didn't change the units in current drawing preferences. Thus the line width of 1mm is heavy bold for a 8mm x 11mm rectangle.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Carl Gustafson
Thanks for your response. I did some more messing around, and discovered that if I open the file using File->Recent Files, the drawing opens. For me, that's completely reproducible behavior. Not sure why this would happen. Makes a good-enough work around for now.

As for the other item you mentioned, yeah, I'm just getting started in this, still do brain-dead things, and really just wanted the simplest possible test case that would illustrate the issue to upload.

Carl
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Maybe this helps:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/978#issuecomment-475811240

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution