Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Number Bubbles

jgaffney
I would like to create a number bubble that is filled solid with a clear outline number in it. I'm using the WQY-Unicode font for my numbers. I inserted the number on the screen, then drew a circle around it. I tried drawing a polyline around the outline of the number, then leading over to and around the circumference of the circle. The Hatch command got totally confused with that boundary. Then, I split the number and the circle onto 2 different layers. I filled the circle solid and assigned a hatch to the outline number that wouldn't have anything in it at that scale. I came out with a solid blob. Any help? How can I chop a hole in the middle of a solid fill?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Number Bubbles

Mike Hayes
First explode the number. Then, using the Hatch command, select the circle and the exploded number with a window.

If you do this with the number 8 for example, the hatch command will fill the region between the circumference of the circle and the outer contour of the 8 and also the two holes inside the 8.

Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Number Bubbles

jgaffney

Mike:

Thank you. I will give that a try this afternoon.

Joe Gaffney

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:44 PM
To: jgaffney
Subject: Re: Number Bubbles

First explode the number. Then, using the Hatch command, select the circle and the exploded number with a window.

If you do this with the number 8 for example, the hatch command will fill the region between the circumference of the circle and the outer contour of the 8 and also the two holes inside the 8.

Mike

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.librecad.org/Number-Bubbles-tp5711523p5711528.html

To unsubscribe from Number Bubbles, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Number Bubbles

jgaffney
In reply to this post by Mike Hayes

Nope, that didn’t work. I still ended up with a solid blob.

First, I had the number and the bubble on the same layer (“text”). So, I tried separating the number and the bubble on separate layers and rerunning the Hatch. When I looked at the separate layers, the bubble is filled solid but the number is not.

I have :

Version: master

Compiler: GNU GCC 4.8.0

Qt Version: 5.1.1

Compiled on: Aug 30, 2013

Running on Windows 8.

Joe Gaffney

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:44 PM
To: jgaffney
Subject: Re: Number Bubbles

Mike

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.librecad.org/Number-Bubbles-tp5711523p5711528.html

To unsubscribe from Number Bubbles, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by jgaffney
a workaround:
just use a very light grey for the number
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike Hayes
The method given in my previous post works in LibreCAD version 2.0.7.

See attached screenshot.