13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Offset distance

Bryon
Hi
Asked this before. No response.
Offset distance by default is <1>. At the prompt, I change the distance, finish up and everything stops there.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Bryon
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Offset distance

perepujal
Please, describe "everything stops here"
Do you mean librecad stops drawing?

Otherwise, many people has already asked and  replied about offset
https://forum.librecad.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=4499512&query=offset
Reply | Threaded
|

Bryon
Hi.
I mean the spinning blue wheel often runs continuously. Sometimes 3-4 minutes. Had a Microsoft tech/ friend check it out. He didn't understand it. Have to save a lot just in case. btw, my computer is new, state of the art with tons of memory. It's 90% dedicated to Libre Cad. My firend says no way it's the machine.
What I would like your thoughts on are; How do I re set the offset distance? Tried to get there from the Modify menu and the Widgets-Toolbar-Tool options. No luck.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
First go to Widgets Toolbars and make sure Tool Options is activated, eventually activate/deactivate it some times to identify were on the screen it is located. Once you know where to look for the distance box, go for offset:

2 ways to use offset:
a) select first the entities to be offsetted, then check offset, the distance box appears instantly in the tool options bar.

b) check offset, then select the entities, you must hit Enter to activate the selection, the distance box will not appear until you hit Enter

About the spinning blue wheel, I have no idea, sorry
What version of LibreCAD is running in your computer?

HTH
Pere
Reply | Threaded
|

Bryon
Reply | Threaded
|

Bryon
In reply to this post by perepujal
Tried replying to this thread. Haven't seen an answer, not even in my email. I post the message, several times, ...nothing.
If anyone's interested, the manual says 'Go to Widgets, activate Tool options, check offset." Here, according to the manual, I will get "a distance box" that appears in the tool options bar. A "distance box" doesn't "appear" anywhere. Next step, via the "manual" is to "check offset, select entities, then "enter". Pointless since the preceding steps do not occur as stated in the manual but I proceed as if it had. That does nothing.
BTW, I've also tried re-setting the "offset distance", strictly by the "book" as well as 'experimenting" with the bracketing called for when I try to set distances.
Nothing.
Thanks Pere but it's starting to look like there is no answer
Reply | Threaded
|

Bryon
In reply to this post by perepujal
In case my answer on which version I'm using was "lost", it's 2.2
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The distance box will appear only when the offset tool is used. The contents of the Tool Options bar vary according to the command in use.
Also, as perepujal explained in his last posting, if you select trigger the command first and then select the entities, you have close the selection with Enter. Then only the distance box will appear.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bryon
Thanks. Tried the command first and the entity first as suggested as well as several different distances.
Regardless, the program offsets at 3' every time.
I actually own AutoCad and was getting tired of paying a "re-up" fee given what i had to pay for it originally. Apparently, there's a reason for that.
Thanks again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Offset distance

Bryon
Hi.
Using 2.2 version.
Trying to change the default offset distance. Following the manual's direction doesn't work. Using polar coordinates or simply setting a new distance using arrow bracketing changes nothing. The distance remains the same.
Any thoughts are welcome.

Bryon
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Why do you post this in the developers section?
The default offset distance is the one used last time.
A new distance is set in the Tool Options bar above the drawing area. True, this is missing to be explained in the manual.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bryon
All due respect the last used offset difference does not post "correctly". Using 2.2and it's actually posting a distance used 3-4 times previously and that's every time I check it.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Sorry, but then I don't know a solution for you. It works correctly for me.
Something could be wrong with your installation, or you just don't understand something of the handling, but I have no clue what it could be.