classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Print to PDF and preserving line width

chucky_ott
Hi,

Printing to PDF doesn't preserve the line width in my drawing.  Is that expected behaviour ?

In "print preview" the drawing looks like i want.  If I then "Export to PDF" or print to my PDF-Xchange printer, the line and text thickness is not preserved.

Printing to a printer is OK.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Print to PDF and preserving line width

flywire
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by chucky_ott
It is weird it prints OK on a physical printer, but not as pdf. Would more expect it the other way around.
We need to know more details. Is the pdf too thin, too thick?  What is the set line width? Paper size? Scale? Do you print staying in Print Preview mode (you should)? You can provide a sample file here (More v) if you can't solve it.
Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
In reply to this post by flywire
I tried the last suggestion but it doesn't seem to help.  For starters, if i change the page to custom and enter values 750x the real page size (my drawing scale is 1:750) , the numbers in the fields revert to 0.
Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by dellus
dellus wrote
It is weird it prints OK on a physical printer, but not as pdf. Would more expect it the other way around.
We need to know more details. Is the pdf too thin, too thick?  What is the set line width? Paper size? Scale? Do you print staying in Print Preview mode (you should)? You can provide a sample file here (More v) if you can't solve it.
In the PDF, all lines are too thin, all the same size in fact
Line widths vary between 0 and 0.7 mm.  The red line is 0.35mm.  The number in the title block is 0.7mm
Page size is Letter (8.5x11) in landscape mode
Scale is 1:750 (but i have a drawing at 1:20 and another at 1:100) and they do the same thing.
Yes, I print staying in print preview.

Print Preview, scale 1:750

Print to PDF while in Print Preview mode (Export to PDF does same thing)
Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
This post was updated on .
If I use the linetest.dxf file found https://forum.librecad.org/Difficulty-changing-line-width-td5714453.html#none, iget the same behaviour.  In other words, looks fine in print preview but when exporting to PDF, i just get a thin line.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I have no clue what could be the reason. I'm beginning to suspect your pdf-viewer...How does it show my linetest.pdf?
I can only propose you provide the file here, delete all the content, just keep the frame and text block, you may scribble some random lines of different line widths instead.
Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
Yup, looks like my PDF viewer is the issue.   I right-clicked the file to see which applications I could use to open it.   Chrome was available so i used that.  It rendered properly.  So I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader and it displayed fine with it too.

My reader is PDF-Xchange.   I'll raise a support ticket with them to see.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
Doh!

Menu from PDF-Xchange.

Toggling "Thin Lines" fixed it.