classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing landscape

rherr
Greetings,
I am a new (but not to CAD) LibreCAD user evaluating whether I can use LibreCAD for my drawings.  I am using LibreCAD 2.0.7 under Slackware Linux 14.1 and XFCE4.  The show-stopping problem I am seeing is that I cannot print in 11x17 (Ledger) landscape and scale my drawing down to fit that paper size.  I can change the paper properties to Ledger-landscape in Edit -> Current Drawing Preferences, but it does not stick and the Print Preview does not change from portrait to landscape. When I bring up the Current Drawing Preferences again, it is still set to Portrait, although Ledger sticks. I get the following message in the status window:

Warning:: Paper size less than 10mm. Paper is too small for fitting to page
Please set paper size by Menu: Edit->Current Drawing Preferences->Paper

What I am trying to do is verify I can print drawings up to at least 34" x 44" on 11x17 landscape paper.  I need LibreCAD to scale the larger drawing to fit the 11x17 paper and I need the landscape orientation to maximize the size of the drawing (horizontal > vertical). It looks like if the Landscape option would stick, I could use "Fit to page" to adjust the drawing to fit the landscape 11x17 page.  Here is a screenshot of the print preview showing the location of the drawing (a 44"x34" rectangle) which does not change no matter what paper orientation I try to select.

I should note that once, while trying options in Current Drawing Preferences, the print preview did show landscape orientation, but I don't remember what I did and when I tried changing it again, it went back to portrait and I could never get it back to landscape again!  So something seems unstable or unintuitive.

I would appreciate any help to resolve this problem.  If I cannot resolve it, I cannot use LibreCAD.
Thanks.
Girvin Herr
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing landscape

dxli
Reply | Threaded
|

rherr
Okay.  Sounds good.  
Now I have a few questions about LibreCAD releases.
Any idea when I can expect a released package I can download?
I noticed the size of the source code package I just downloaded is different from the package I downloaded a few weeks ago. Does the source code package I just downloaded contain this fix?
Since the source code package does not have any versioning (i.e. "LibreCAD-master.zip"), how can I determine the version?

Thanks for your support.
Girvin Herr
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Please clone github master branch and build from source.

Currently, we are preparing for 2.1.0-beta release. Due to the amount of code change, expect the program to be less stable than 2.0.7.

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source#Cloning_the_source_package
Reply | Threaded
|

rherr
In reply to this post by rherr
Greetings,
I just installed the master source package of LibreCAD 2.0.7 which I downloaded on April 20th, and checked the landscape printing.  It is now working!  This has solved my "show-stopper" and I will continue setting up my workflow to use LibreCAD for my drawings.  Thanks to whoever resolved this problem and for the support I received from this forum.
Girvin Herr