Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems printing ledger size

wizardgmb
If I print with "Current Drawing Preferences" set to ledger size and landscape, I get this:

In order to get the correct formatting like this with the drawing in the same orientation I drew it:

I have to set preferences to "ledger size" and "portrait" and drag the image most of the way to the bottom of the page in print preview:

According to this thread there were problems landscape printing on ledger size paper but they were fixed.

http://forum.librecad.org/Printing-landscape-td5711368.html

Am I doing something wrong or is there still a problem?

Regards,
George
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems printing ledger size

steve
Hello - I have noted this issue in vers 2.2.0.2 also but only when Print to File (PDF). I do not see the same issue when printing to printer but I've not tried it yet and printer paper sizes may use different terminology.

The confusion may come when selecting the paper size under the Print to File (PDF) property.

In the USA, ANSI B (American National Standards Institute) sized paper is 11" x 17" (279mm x 432mm);
The names, Tabloid and Ledger define the orientation -
Tabloid is W 11' x H 17" and Ledger is W 17" x H 11".

LibreCAD has it shown incorrectly opposite under the Print to File (PDF) option thus the Tabloid shown as W 17" x H 11" and  Ledger shown as W 11" x H 17".

For what it is worth, my printer Epson WF 7610 only offers a Tabloid orientation. You would have to select custom size to get the W 17" x H 11" option. Other printers may differ in how they offer paper sizes and names.

I realize your posting was several years ago but this still shows up in the latest stable release of AlibreCAD for Linux.

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi Steve,

The issue has been fixed in 2.2.1 (release candidate) and later.

Please find out larest releases at:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases

steve wrote
Hello - I have noted this issue in vers 2.2.0.2 also but only when Print to File (PDF). I do not see the same issue when printing to printer but I've not tried it yet and printer paper sizes may use different terminology.

The confusion may come when selecting the paper size under the Print to File (PDF) property.

In the USA, ANSI B (American National Standards Institute) sized paper is 11" x 17" (279mm x 432mm);
The names, Tabloid and Ledger define the orientation -
Tabloid is W 11' x H 17" and Ledger is W 17" x H 11".

LibreCAD has it shown incorrectly opposite under the Print to File (PDF) option thus the Tabloid shown as W 17" x H 11" and  Ledger shown as W 11" x H 17".

For what it is worth, my printer Epson WF 7610 only offers a Tabloid orientation. You would have to select custom size to get the W 17" x H 11" option. Other printers may differ in how they offer paper sizes and names.

I realize your posting was several years ago but this still shows up in the latest stable release of AlibreCAD for Linux.
Reply | Threaded
|

steve
Got it - thanks.