Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Proper Document Setup for Local Drawing Standards

MtnMan365
Trying to setup my document properly. Will be printing to 11in X 17in paper. That local standards say...

Floor Plan preferred scale is 0.24-inch equals 1-foot

...Here is how I am setting it up now under Drawing Preferences

Paper Tab
- Custom Format
- Landscape
- 11x17

Units Tab
- Main Drawing Units = Inches
- Format = Architectural
- Precision = 0'-0 1/16"

Grid
- Show Grid True
- X Spacing = Auto
- Y Spacing = Auto

The goal is that when this is printed out at 100% and I put a drawn grid under they will be able to use a rule to check it. Do I have my settings correct? Thanks so so much for your time and help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Proper Document Setup for Local Drawing Standards

dellus
What LibreCAD version do you use?
In 2.1.3 there are serious issues with setting up paper sizes in inches properly. You may have struggled with this. It has been fixed in 2.2.0 rc. If you are on Windows I strongly recommend to upgrade to 2.2.0 rc2.
 "0.24-inch equals 1-foot" is equivalent to 1/50 scale, a metric standard. But your units are inches. Unusual.
I have prepared sample files for 11x17 format, 1/50 scale, inches and architectural dimensions. As I am German I'm not familiar with imperial stuff, but you may take it as a guide.
 File versions for both v2.1.3 and 2.2.0, as they are not fully compatible. Test what works best for you.

I hope you aware of that drawings are made in original size and downscaling is done in the printing process Print Preview mode.

arch_inch_1_50_11x17_v213.dxfarch_inch_1_50_11x17_v220.dxf

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Proper Document Setup for Local Drawing Standards

MtnMan365
Super helpful. Going to give this a try right now and update. I am of course on 2.1.3 so I will try and get a more up to date version and will take a look at the PDF you sent along as well. Appreciate you and have a great day! Will be back with questions if I do not succeed.