Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scaling Inaccuracy

cTc_mjm
I'm attempting to print a part drawing at a set scale to be used as a layout. The parts are being drawn at 1:1 scale, then blown up using the scaling in print preview to 62.5:1 scale. To attempt to get to the bottom of the issue, I drew a rectangle the was .112"x.112" which should be 7"x7" at 62.5:1 scale. After printing, I measured the layout and the scaling is correct on the y-axis, but the x axis is at 7.070".

I double checked the printers settings to make sure that it wasn't using any additional resizing on the document, but it isn't. I'm at a loss at what can be done to get this drawing to scale properly. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scaling Inaccuracy

dellus
LibreCAD has no means to scale a print differently in x and y axis.
At first look I supposed it is a problem with your printer. An issue often is that in paper transport direction there is slack. But this would mean it prints too short.
Maybe still an inaccuracy of your printer? Make a test print of a square shape in a different graphic app and see if it is the same.
I suppose you cannot set x and y axis scaling separately in your printer's settings, I can't with mine.
You could scale the drawing itself in LibreCAD always prior to printing, with Tools - Modify - Scale, and afterwards make an Undo. Or just don't save it. So for your example set 7/7.07 for the x axis.
Another thought: are you sure your rectangle is really drawn .112" x.112"?    
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scaling Inaccuracy

cTc_mjm
I appreciate the help! After further investigation, it was a printer issue. I switched printers and the scaling came out exactly as it should. Thanks!