Simple 2D drawings with dimensions. HELP!

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Simple 2D drawings with dimensions. HELP!

Don Hudson
Hi! I'm a brand new user. I have worked with some CAD programs in the past, but I'm finding it difficult to sort out how to use LibreCAD for my relatively simple needs at present. I've found that the learning curve leads through a lot of areas that I don't need...and I haven't been able to find my way home just yet. I'd greatly appreciate anyone who would care to give me some pointers.

Here's what I need to do. I design kitchen countertops in homes, and I want to get away from the graph paper and rulers. I just need to be able to quickly and easily produce simple 2D drawings of countertops that I can save and convert to PDF's for emailing. I need to display the dimensions, and I need to be able to add text. That's all. I have no need for 3D, and nearly all the angles will be 90 or 45 degrees.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to create some templates that I can stretch or otherwise modify so it can be done quickly. Thanks in advance for your time and input.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Simple 2D drawings with dimensions. HELP!

aman
Welcome!

I think LibreCAD is strongest with 2D images, also dimensions work very well.

I suggest reading some tutorials and FAQs, links are at the top of the front page.