6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Test new macOS package

LordOfBikes
Administrator
We need some help from Mac users.
There is a new V2 DMG package available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/OSX/2.2/preRelease/
The package LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-192-g24027e44.dmg was built from latest code on High Sierra (10.13.6).
It is in release candidate state and thus as stable as the latest 2.1.3. release and even more stable as the latest alpha package from 2016.
It would be great, if some Mac users can test this package and report about the macOS version and how it worked.

Many thanks for your support!
ACL
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Test new macOS package

ACL
I am running High Sierra on a mid-2011 iMac. It installed with no problem at all. Thank you!

All I've done so far is draw a single line just to see that the space bar worked. :)  But I have more to do after the weekend.

Now, I tried to understand the instructions about building my own installation and I have to say I got nowhere. The instructions are written by people who know the material very well, for people who know the material very well, and not in such great English. People like me, who use a Mac because they want a simple life...  don't really fit in there. But I can write instructions, so if someone could help me understand the build process I would be happy to rewrite the instructions in the Wiki.
Reply | Threaded
|

abubk
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
Installed just now;
Version: LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-254-g9f2c32dd.dmg
Device: Macbook pro 13 (early 2015 edition)

So far it is good, No problems in general drawing and saving files except for the delete function. I don't know if it is a bug, but the delete function cannot be triggered with space bar. Also the delete function is weird, I have to select items > activate the command "del"  > and re-select any one item to delete it. If I select first and then type in command, nothing happens. I had the same issue in Manjaro as well, so not a mac problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Trigger delete function with space bar? Just select the the items and press delete key, gone!
Reply | Threaded
|

abubk
In reply to this post by abubk
So more details, I can't snap!
Once I enable snap, say snap at end points, I have to restart Librecad to make it work and it only work once. I have to restart again to make it work again.

Macbook Pro 13 early 2015 edition
Reply | Threaded
|

abubk
In reply to this post by dellus
I have the habit of "E+space bar" from Autocad, Like to stick to commands when ever possible.