classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Triming lines

lumo
Hi everyone.

I created a drawing a couple of days ago, and today I was trying to trim some lines to the intersection with other lines.

The problem is that I am not able to select the line to trim. After choosing 'Trim' from the menu, I  "Select limiting entity" and am then asked to "Select entity to trim", which I am unable to do, no matter how many times I try and how close to I zoom.

I tried to create a new drawing, with two new lines. In this setup I am able to trim the lines without any problem.

Any idea on what might be happening to my first drawing? Some configuration issue?

I'm attaching the file, in case anyone is willing to take a look at it.

Thanks and best regards, Luís

Kangoo_Maxi_cima_aberta_v1_simples.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Triming lines

dxli
I can trim with the attached dxf file.

lumo wrote
Hi everyone.

I created a drawing a couple of days ago, and today I was trying to trim some lines to the intersection with other lines.

The problem is that I am not able to select the line to trim. After choosing 'Trim' from the menu, I  "Select limiting entity" and am then asked to "Select entity to trim", which I am unable to do, no matter how many times I try and how close to I zoom.

I tried to create a new drawing, with two new lines. In this setup I am able to trim the lines without any problem.

Any idea on what might be happening to my first drawing? Some configuration issue?

Reply | Threaded
|

lumo
Hello.

I just tried again, after rebooting, but still no go...

What could be hindering this operation?

Best regards, Luís

On 10/05/2015 03:36 AM, dxli [via LibreCAD] wrote:
I can trim with the attached dxf file.

lumo wrote
Hi everyone.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Triming-lines-tp5712349p5712350.html
To unsubscribe from Triming lines, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

microm
In reply to this post by lumo
You have lines in different layers. Some lines in one layer  covered lines in other layer.
To understand it change colors in layer properties and change layers visibility (click on eye).
Reply | Threaded
|

lumo
Ok, that sounds credible! I'll try it asaic.

On 10/05/2015 09:15 PM, microm [via LibreCAD] wrote:
You have lines in different layers. Some lines in one layer  covered lines in other layer.
To understand it change colors in layer properties and change layers visibility (click on eye).

http://forum.librecad.org/Triming-lines-tp5712349p5712363.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

lumo
In reply to this post by microm
Hi.

That helped me get to the solution: I had to keep the lines I wanted to trim on the top, which I achieved through the draw order.

Bye and thanks, Luís

On 10/05/2015 09:15 PM, microm [via LibreCAD] wrote:

http://forum.librecad.org/Triming-lines-tp5712349p5712363.html
NAML