Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to save hatches to DXF R12

ttshaw1
I have an AC1006 (Release 10) DXF where every shape is hatched. I need to convert it to an R12 DXF. I can open the original file and everything looks fine, but when I save it as an R12 DXF and try opening that, there's no geometry in the file. The file also has a size of 10kB, down from the original file's 1.4MB

I've also tried testing by creating a simple new file with four rectangles and hatching two of them. When I save the file as an R12 and open it, all four rectangles are visible, but none of them are hatched.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Or perhaps an issue with Autocad's R12 DXF specification?

I've attached my original file.etching_wafer_hatch.DXF
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Unable to save hatches to DXF R12

LordOfBikes
Administrator
What is the source of this R10 DFX?
I can't find HATCH in my R10 or R12 references, so I must assume, that HATCH isn't supported by these versions.
Opening the file could work by chance, when the reader falls back to R14 for HATCH. I haven't checked this yet.
Saving the file in R14 format worked for me. R14 is the oldest reference where I found HATCH entities.

I also tried to open the R10 with Autodesk TrueView 2019 and the file was rejected because of an invalid code in the first entity. Also an indication for an invalid or incompatible created R10 file.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

ttshaw1

The RF10 DFX was generated by KLayout. I was able to change the output options such that it writes SOLID entities instead of HATCH and now everything works fine. I'll submit a bug report with KLayout. Thanks for the help.

On 5/10/21 3:54 PM, LordOfBikes [via LibreCAD] wrote:
What is the source of this R10 DFX?
I can't find HATCH in my R10 or R12 references, so I must assume, that HATCH isn't supported by these versions.
Opening the file could work by chance, when the reader falls back to R14 for HATCH. I haven't checked this yet.
Saving the file in R14 format worked for me. R14 is the oldest reference where I found HATCH entities.

I also tried to open the R10 with Autodesk TrueView 2019 and the file was rejected because of an invalid code in the first entity. Also an indication for an invalid or incompatible created R10 file.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/Unable-to-save-hatches-to-DXF-R12-tp5720643p5720644.html
To unsubscribe from Unable to save hatches to DXF R12, click here.
NAML

This message is from an external sender. Learn more about why this matters.

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
You're welcome, glad to hear that.

SOLID, iirc, are valid entities for R10 and R12. Good to know, that this works fine.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution