Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

You do not have permission or file does not exist

Beatrice
Hi.  Thanks in advance. I am a new user, excited about LibreCAD.  I have a large file of DWG drawings created in an old version (2002) of autocad.  When I try to open them in Libre I get "You do not have permission or file does not exist," though neither is true.... I have looked at the permissions every which way.... I don't think that's the issue.  

Any ideas?  

THanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: You do not have permission or file does not exist

dellus
DWG import is to be considered as experimental only, it might work or not.
That no permission or file not exist issue is raised often by users, it might be a Windows 10 issue, but I'm not firm on this. You might try to open the file in a different way, from within LibreCAD, for instance via "Recent files", if you have tried to open it before. Sometimes it works. Please report back if you have success this way.
Reply | Threaded
|

rdhanson
In reply to this post by Beatrice
I'm probably not the only one looking for a new DWG editor after Draftsite started charging $100/year.  Any improvement in the DWG file reading?
ACL
Reply | Threaded
|

ACL
I'm getting this on MacOS High Sierra both with 2.1.3 and 2.2.0, and it seems to be on drawings that have XREFs or are XREFs. However, it does not happen on all of them and the behavior is inconsistent.

I have a master DWG with about 6 XREF DWGs. I opened the master once under 2.1.3, and it seemed to be incomplete, and all the other times it has failed. I cannot open two of the XREF drawings but the others I can. On my Mac, Adobe Illustrator can open the DWGs without problem, and even pull in the XREFs, so I assume the files aren't corrupt.

It's possible that some were saved under R12 for DOS and some under R14 for Windows.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
As already said above, DWG support is very rudimentary in LibreCAD.
Also, I think XREF is even not supported in our DXF reader.
So I share your estimation, that the the DWG files are correct.
But that means also, that there is no way to open these files in LibreCAD yet.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution