classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

drawing issues

Blue Baron
Hello,

I am not sure where to put this, but I am having an issue  and I am not sure what to do about it.
The issue is I made some draws a few months ago and saved them. I tried opening up a dwg file and it was blank... I installed a CAD viewer on my tablet to look at it and to see if I could save the file as a dxf. That worked, however the file when opened in Libre CAD was still blank. Yhen I opened up the files I saved  months ago and they are blank as well. I DL them to the tablet and opened them in the viewer and they look fine. So what have I done wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: drawing issues

perepujal
First the very basic, did you zoom all in LibreCAD?
If you did and the files still show empty, I'd try another dwg tp dxf converter
Reply | Threaded
|

Blue Baron
Yeah I zoomed in and when it asked me to save the drawing I did not save it. I have been able to look at the files in my viewer and they are all there. Libre CAD is just not seeing all the layers and everything in those layers. I even unistalled Libre CAS+D and reinstalled it. Still my drawings that I did in Libre CAD are empty.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
Are you able to post the drawing file here in the forum? (More -> Upload file)  There are a few people that can help problem solve.

Also, one other quick check - Are layers all visible (turned on) in the Layer List?
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
In reply to this post by Blue Baron
Now that I remember, I have a bizarre problem when opening files with LibreCAD:
If I click on the menu file->open and select the file to open in the file dialog, then LibreCAD says the file opened, but it is empty.
If later I click on the menu file->recent files->same file, then LibreCAD opens it correctly.

It happens to me with current git and with old 2.1.3 in a Linux Debian Sid(unstable), so I don't think is LibreCAD itself the problem rather than the file dialog.

I don't think it is the cause of your problem, but I mention it just in case.

BTW, did you mention the LibreCAD version, operating system, etc?
Reply | Threaded
|

Blue Baron
I have been away for a few days sorry for the late reply. It is a windows 10, however when I clicked on the recent files, the file opened just fine. Thank you for the help.
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
Nice it works ;)

I was about writing a bug report on this and found it is already there, with another workaround.
In the file dialog, you must ensure that the Files of  type; field is showing Drawing Exchange (*dxf) instead of QCad 1.x file (xf)

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/978