classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

drawing issues

Blue Baron
Hello,

I am not sure where to put this, but I am having an issue  and I am not sure what to do about it.
The issue is I made some draws a few months ago and saved them. I tried opening up a dwg file and it was blank... I installed a CAD viewer on my tablet to look at it and to see if I could save the file as a dxf. That worked, however the file when opened in Libre CAD was still blank. Yhen I opened up the files I saved  months ago and they are blank as well. I DL them to the tablet and opened them in the viewer and they look fine. So what have I done wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: drawing issues

perepujal
First the very basic, did you zoom all in LibreCAD?
If you did and the files still show empty, I'd try another dwg tp dxf converter
Reply | Threaded
|

Blue Baron
Yeah I zoomed in and when it asked me to save the drawing I did not save it. I have been able to look at the files in my viewer and they are all there. Libre CAD is just not seeing all the layers and everything in those layers. I even unistalled Libre CAS+D and reinstalled it. Still my drawings that I did in Libre CAD are empty.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
Are you able to post the drawing file here in the forum? (More -> Upload file)  There are a few people that can help problem solve.

Also, one other quick check - Are layers all visible (turned on) in the Layer List?
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
In reply to this post by Blue Baron
Now that I remember, I have a bizarre problem when opening files with LibreCAD:
If I click on the menu file->open and select the file to open in the file dialog, then LibreCAD says the file opened, but it is empty.
If later I click on the menu file->recent files->same file, then LibreCAD opens it correctly.

It happens to me with current git and with old 2.1.3 in a Linux Debian Sid(unstable), so I don't think is LibreCAD itself the problem rather than the file dialog.

I don't think it is the cause of your problem, but I mention it just in case.

BTW, did you mention the LibreCAD version, operating system, etc?
Reply | Threaded
|

Blue Baron
I have been away for a few days sorry for the late reply. It is a windows 10, however when I clicked on the recent files, the file opened just fine. Thank you for the help.
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
Nice it works ;)

I was about writing a bug report on this and found it is already there, with another workaround.
In the file dialog, you must ensure that the Files of  type; field is showing Drawing Exchange (*dxf) instead of QCad 1.x file (xf)

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/978
Reply | Threaded
|

andykmv
similar to the reports here, i was about to post about a similar issue where file,open,(qcad) opens the file with no lines showing, but if i close it then goto recent files and open the same file it correctly opens. changing file type to drawing exchange dxf when using file, open, (drawing exchange dxf) resolved that issue.