Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

old drawing now has artefacts

mhld
To day I needed to open an old drawing from years ago and was surprised at how it was displayed: There were a bunch of artefacts (triangle or prismlike areas) which for sure were not present when I originally finished this drawing. And I never since reopend it.

Is there an easy way to edit this drawing? Or is there some conversion between older and newer drawings?
 The drawing is somehow anonymised, so I could sent it to someone to examine it. I would prefer to not post it publicly.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: old drawing now has artefacts

mhld
The drawing displays a horizontal section. And there I don't use hatching but filled areas for walls. The artefacts only apply to this layer and those elements.

Going bach to an old libreCAD version isn't really an option. If it were possible at all (to install a years old version in Debian/unstable is not very likely to succeed) I would be stuck with it.

So I hope there is an easier solution then redraw all walls.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
That effect you describe is typical for problems with hatchings / fillings.  LibreCad has a weakness in this field. If you haven't drawn a bounding line around the filling I fear you might have to redraw the walls. If you like you can send me a file, so I could play with it. I don't want to reveal my Email adress here, somehow it should be possible to email me via the forum, don't know how.  
Reply | Threaded
|

mhld
This post was updated on .
I did sent you an email ... with the dxf copied as text into it as one can't append a file.

As I did this drawing for someone else I am sure it was ok when I finished it. Sure, I could redraw it (an I feel I have to) but nontheless I would like to know whether or not the flaw is visible and editable in the dxf viewed in text mode.

Thanks

mhld
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I am not a developer so I can't tell if the flaw is in the dxf-file itself. I tried it in qcad (3.12.4win), of which LibreCAD is a fork, and it showed up allright. In LC 2.02 (QT 4.8.6!) on Puppylinux Tahr 6.05 it also was O.K. In the recent stable LC 2.1.3 win (portable) it showed the effect you described. The filling could not be edited to a hatching. In LC 2.2.0 win alpha233 it was garbled also, but when edited to a hatching was fine. When again edited back to solid it was even more garbled than before.
I believe those holes in a filling / hatching like a chimney are the culprit for the garbling. More on that in the other thread.