Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

post by email address

jfinnall
I have subscribed and registered but still unable to determine the post by email address.  The top banner says it should be under options but only subscribe available.  I do not like to use forums and prefer mail lists.  I was expecting a welcome message after confirming my subscription but nothing has arrived.  Can someone please post the address?

Maybe I will get the address when I post this message and it is sent out to me.  If it isn't filtered because of my own account.  

Thank you,
James
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: post by email address

R. van Twisk
Administrator
James,

it seems to be working.

We use a combination of forum and mailinglist so a user can decide what to use.

On Aug 21, 2014, at 10:32 PM, jfinnall [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have subscribed and registered but still unable to determine the post by email address.  The top banner says it should be under options but only subscribe available.  I do not like to use forums and prefer mail lists.  I was expecting a welcome message after confirming my subscription but nothing has arrived.  Can someone please post the address?

Maybe I will get the address when I post this message and it is sent out to me.  If it isn't filtered because of my own account.  

Thank you,
James

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/post-by-email-address-tp5710333.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Crossy
In reply to this post by jfinnall
Hi James,
It seems it works for you. I'm an ordinary user, not administrator. But welcome.

Helge
Reply | Threaded
|

jfinnall
In reply to this post by jfinnall
It appears that registration is required to post to the forum or by email.  Though I subscribed without registration, so that doesn't make much sense that they would be separate operations.  Today when I returned and logged in; the post to email address shows up.  In addition it is unique to my specific registered email address so nobody else could provide it either.  A "Welcome" message with that information and required registration to post should have been provided.  Instead of making me go through all this and still have some post address that is impossible to remember that will only work if I manually select the correct return address.  Since this is not an actual real to life mail list I am not able to set my MUA to know what mailbox to post with or how to properly "reply to list".

When I posted this first message through the forum nabble did send me a copy of the message.  I posted two through the email post but I have not received either of them back so far.  But I do not know how long it takes to process them.  They are both posted in the forum now.  The original post in a mail list establishes the thread and all replies would be threaded together.  Since I did not receive a copy of the next two posts then the replies would be considered orphans.

Thank you for your consideration,
James

On 08/21/2014 04:32 PM, jfinnall [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Thank you,
James

To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-user, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
James,

I am not sure what we can do to improve. We are using Nabble se we don’t have to go through the burden of create and managing our own form and mailinglists using Mailman or other scripts that handles these sort of tasks.

In regards to filtering, You should be able to setup your filter with Nabble because each forum/Mailinglist has it’s own ID, I have never done this myself. However 
simpel filter in any GUI based ui should beable to even filter on [via LibreCAD].

So, at this moment we can only improve on items we can setup and change within Nabble anything else would not be possible at this moment.

Ries

On Aug 22, 2014, at 5:35 PM, jfinnall [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

It appears that registration is required to post to the forum or by email.  Though I subscribed without registration, so that doesn't make much sense that they would be separate operations.  Today when I returned and logged in; the post to email address shows up.  In addition it is unique to my specific registered email address so nobody else could provide it either.  A "Welcome" message with that information and required registration to post should have been provided.  Instead of making me go through all this and still have some post address that is impossible to remember that will only work if I manually select the correct return address.  Since this is not an actual real to life mail list I am not able to set my MUA to know what mailbox to post with or how to properly "reply to list".

When I posted this first message through the forum nabble did send me a copy of the message.  I posted two through the email post but I have not received either of them back so far.  But I do not know how long it takes to process them.  They are both posted in the forum now.  The original post in a mail list establishes the thread and all replies would be threaded together.  Since I did not receive a copy of the next two posts then the replies would be considered orphans.

James

Thank you,
James

To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email <a href="x-msg://53/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=5710338&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
NAML

http://forum.librecad.org/post-by-email-address-tp5710333p5710338.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

jfinnall
Thank you Ries for your reply.  As you can see I received your reply and I can see where you received the message I sent.  However, I did not receive my message though.  I can review it through the forum so I know it posted.  Since this is still the only source of documentation for Librecad it is disappointing.  I am subscribed to a dozen lists and I would not want to read the forums all the time.  And filtering to a folder was not a problem once I received a message to determine the header contents.  Now I need to manage the folder and the contents and that is where having the messages and threading the conversations are important.  For instance if you had removed the original messages below I would not what part of thread you were responding.

Thank you again,
James

On 08/22/2014 11:47 AM, R. van Twisk [via LibreCAD] wrote:
James,

I am not sure what we can do to improve. We are using Nabble se we don’t have to go through the burden of create and managing our own form and mailinglists using Mailman or other scripts that handles these sort of tasks.

In regards to filtering, You should be able to setup your filter with Nabble because each forum/Mailinglist has it’s own ID, I have never done this myself. However 
simpel filter in any GUI based ui should beable to even filter on [via LibreCAD].

So, at this moment we can only improve on items we can setup and change within Nabble anything else would not be possible at this moment.

Ries

On Aug 22, 2014, at 5:35 PM, jfinnall [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

James

Thank you,
James

To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email <a href="x-msg://53/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=5710338&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
NAML

http://forum.librecad.org/post-by-email-address-tp5710333p5710338.html
NAML

http://forum.librecad.org/post-by-email-address-tp5710333p5710339.html
To unsubscribe from post by email address, click here.
NAML