Show Tips
Sort by relevance | Sorted by date
Found 111 matching posts for electric in LibreCAD Showing posts 1 to 12.
... electrical plan, I created my own symbols for receptacles, lights, and switches by creating blocks. I could them move the blocks and duplicate as needed. After placing the blocks/symbols on the drawing and saving. I did print preview and only the lines and text in the drawings appears, none of the blocks/symbols appear. I tried exploding one block, modifying attributes, still does not appear in the print preview or a pdf. Any help would be appreciated.
in LibreCAD-user by dxli — 7 replies in thread
In drawing an residential electrical plan, I created my own symbols for receptacles, lights, and switches by creating blocks. I could them move the blocks and duplicate as needed. After placing the blocks/symbols on the drawing and saving. I did print preview and only the lines and text in the...
in LibreCAD-user by RobertRead — 7 replies in thread
I am a rank amateur CAD guy. I have the electronic components and electrical libraries loaded. When I first set up my drawing surface, I create a layer for wiring and another for components. As soon as I insert the first component on the component layer, a new layer called contour is created...
in LibreCAD-user by Colonel Dan — 1 replies in thread
I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Alternatively you could move or copy your electric and electronic library folders directly into the place where the "built in" samples are in your system. In Windows it's at C:\programs\LibreCAD\resources\library.
in New user - Introduce yourself by dellus — 6 replies in thread
I really appreciate your help. I followed everything you've shown me, and with every step, I get a little closer, but still don't see the electronic or electrical parts that are in my library. I've played with the path listed in Options/application preferences/paths, but am not able to get anything I want in the window above "Insert". I do have two folders, one named MISC with four items in it, and the other named Templates with nothing in it.
in New user - Introduce yourself by Colonel Dan — 6 replies in thread
I'm new to this forum, new to CAD drawing, and new to LibreCAD. I do have it successfully downloaded and working on my work PC and my personal MAC. I also have the Electronics and Electrical libraries loaded (I think). I'm quite proud I managed to get this far. However, I don't know how to...
in New user - Introduce yourself by Colonel Dan — 6 replies in thread
... builds on our release page: https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases Regards, dxli Hello, I'm Werner from Belgium and I use librecad mainly for personal use, for example for my electricity plan and other plans and floor plans. I have been using version 2.1.3 for years and only now noticed that there is a newer version. Can I just install this new version or do you recommend removing version 2.1.3 first?
in New user - Introduce yourself by dxli — 1 replies in thread
Hello, I'm Werner from Belgium and I use librecad mainly for personal use, for example for my electricity plan and other plans and floor plans. I have been using version 2.1.3 for years and only now noticed that there is a newer version. Can I just install this new version or do you recommend removing version 2.1.3 first?
in New user - Introduce yourself by Werner — 1 replies in thread
... my house and perhaps the landscaped areas also. Once I learn the basics, my first project will probably be to sketch a floor plan and map out the electrical wiring in this house. My first question/request is: I saw something/somewhere about learning files to be used with a tutorial for LibreCad...
in New user - Introduce yourself by VinceWA2RSX — 3 replies in thread
Hi everyone, I am a new user. I will be using LibreCAD probably mostly for electrical drawings. So far, I like LibreCAD for block diagrams, which is what I mostly used for. However I can't find a connector line function that allow me to connect blocks together so that when I move the blocks the lines will stay connected to the blocks. Is there such connector line function in LibreCAD?
in New user - Introduce yourself by mikethecadman — 2 replies in thread
...I just opened it up with the web link to view and got it into my cad package TurboCad with no problem. Open on web page to view Pressed [cntl-a] Select everything In Windows open your notepad Press [cntl-v] Paste Save from notepad with a ".dxf" extension I.e ......
in CAD templates, blocks etc.... by David Bacon — 12 replies in thread
KiCAD does what you need. It's basically for PCB design, but the schema editor for electronic diagram can do this. There also may be other electric CAx software which can handle that easier than LibreCAD.
in LibreCAD-user by LordOfBikes — 3 replies in thread
Next 12 »
Show Tips