Show Tips
Sorted by relevance | Sort by date
Found 129 matching posts for message:print message:scale message:"1:1" in LibreCAD Showing posts 37 to 48.
Having the line width a real world representation makes sense with drawings of relatively small objects, like mechanical parts expected to be printed in a scale of 1:1. With large objects, let's say a wall 10m long, a line width of 0.5 mm pen size appears thin as a hair at 1:1. Imagine it drawn on...
in Troubleshooting by dellus — 16 replies in thread
If your circles look like donuts in drawing mode, they are very small in comparison to the line width, for instance 2mm diameter at a line width of 0.5mm. In drawing mode line width always looks like when printed at scale 1:1. In print preview with a scale set at 1:1 it will look like in drawing...
in LibreCAD-user by dellus — 5 replies in thread
I'm new to LibreCad after years of using Sketchup and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set the scale for drawing so the line lengths reflect 1:1/4 scale. Reading through the forums it looks like something that is done in the print preview screen but that doesn't seem to reflect the changes in the drawing screen. What am I missing?
in LibreCAD-user by BloomfieldS — 1 replies in thread
Armin he's right. Your circle have a 307.8 diameter. See your screenshot: And using "dimension->diametric" or "Info->list entities" : About print preview screenshot: Print scale 1:1 Circle bounding box 307.8 x 307.8 Paper dimension (A4) 210 x 297 Result: the circle is bigger than the paper Tip: With "Modify->trim" you can trim a entity or extend it instead of redraw to complete arcs Cheers Rallaz
in LibreCAD-user by Rallaz — 11 replies in thread
Looks as if there is something small or invisible off the circle, maybe remains of unsuccessful drawing attempts. Search by zooming out, try getting it visible with 'select all'. If you don't find anything you still can print it right if in print preview you set scale to 1:1 ( it's a bug it doesn't keep the fixed value) and then shift the drawing sheet beneath the drawing manually. You can zoom in for better view.
in LibreCAD-user by dellus — 12 replies in thread
When opening Print preview it tries to fit the whole drawing within the paper sheet. You might have a tiny object somewhere off the main elements, nearly invisible, maybe an accidental remnant of some operation. You can find it with Select - Select All. You can pin Print Preview to 1:1 with marking the "fixed" box, but it's not persistent, just as long as that drawing is opened, I think. It's not possible to set the scale permanently.
in Troubleshooting by dellus — 5 replies in thread
As a model railroader I want to print 1:1 structure drawings into the H0 scale 1:87. When I use the print preview I see numerous pre-defined scales like 1:75 or 1:100 etc. These all work fine with the fixed-scale option. But setting the scale to 1:87 (or any other not predefined scale) with the...
in Troubleshooting by jfh — 3 replies in thread
I'm attempting to print a part drawing at a set scale to be used as a layout. The parts are being drawn at 1:1 scale, then blown up using the scaling in print preview to 62.5:1 scale. To attempt to get to the bottom of the issue, I drew a rectangle the was .112"x.112" which should be 7"x7" at 62.5...
in Troubleshooting by cTc_mjm — 2 replies in thread
Export to pdf is the right way to to print somewhere else. Line weights are only shown right on the screen in drawing mode when the intended scale is 1:1, for other scale check in Print Preview. For line type pattern not even Print Preview is reliable, it changes if you zoom around in it. It will...
in Troubleshooting by dellus — 8 replies in thread
In normal drawing mode the line thickness is shown in real size, as set and as if in scale 1:1, regardless of the size of the drawn objects or the intended scale. So if you have a relatively small object you will easily notice differences in line thickness, while in a drawing of a large object like...
in LibreCAD-user by dellus — 4 replies in thread
In printing: 1mm line width is 1mm when printed, with ink on true paper, regardless of papersize and drawing scale, like in old handmade times, that's ok and works. In drawing mode: my further trials have shown that on screen line width always is in scale 1:1. For example if your unit is mm and...
in LibreCAD-user by dellus — 22 replies in thread
I assume you want to print on Letter format, 11x8.5". OK. What scale shall the drawing be? What extents do the real life objects have? Or do you for the beginning just want to play around to learn? Then begin with an intended scale of 1:1, draw a rectangle 0,0 to 11,8.5 as the frame for the...
in New user - Introduce yourself by dellus — 9 replies in thread
« Prev 12 - Next 12 »
Show Tips