Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

trimming a circle

tinman102000
I am trying to trim half of a circle and have tried all of the ideas posted and it doesn't work.  I can't seem to keep the snaps working, they remove going to the next process and I have a circle with a box over half of it and I can't get it to divide from the line.  I have watched tutorials and read posts and the only thing that divides is the circle, the line does not so it removes the complete circle.  The line will not select and so it removes the complte arc / circle.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: trimming a circle

dxli
Try to trim the circle by a line instead of a box.

If you have a box(rectangle) by drawing rectangle, you can select the box and try the " explode " command
tinman102000 wrote
I am trying to trim half of a circle and have tried all of the ideas posted and it doesn't work.  I can't seem to keep the snaps working, they remove going to the next process and I have a circle with a box over half of it and I can't get it to divide from the line.  I have watched tutorials and read posts and the only thing that divides is the circle, the line does not so it removes the complete circle.  The line will not select and so it removes the complte arc / circle.