classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ttf2lff says FT_New_Face: Unknown Error

thebrokecarpenter
Hello,

I'm trying to get various fonts into LibreCAD to replace some of the default fonts that are hard to read. I downloaded the ttf2lff script and extracted it into my Program Files. Then I ran this command.

C:\Program Files\ttf2lff>ttf2lff.exe c:\Users\carpenter\downloads\arial arial.ttf arial.lff

It outputs this:

TTF file: arial.ttf
LFF file: arial.lff
FT_New_Face: Unknown error

Does anybody have a solution to this?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ttf2lff says FT_New_Face: Unknown Error

dxli
Not enough data to reproduce the issue.

thebrokecarpenter wrote
Hello,

I'm trying to get various fonts into LibreCAD to replace some of the default fonts that are hard to read. I downloaded the ttf2lff script and extracted it into my Program Files. Then I ran this command.

C:\Program Files\ttf2lff>ttf2lff.exe c:\Users\carpenter\downloads\arial arial.ttf arial.lff

It outputs this:

TTF file: arial.ttf
LFF file: arial.lff
FT_New_Face: Unknown error

Does anybody have a solution to this?
Reply | Threaded
|

topbob
Hi Folks

I am having the exact same problem, with the same error message! Any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

cb3d

Using Windows10 pro 64bit build 19043.1320
I had the same error when trying to transform Franklin Gothic true type to a .lff file.  The first thing I tried was to make sure that the ttf2lff.exe was not being blocked by windows defender by putting it on the approved app list.  That didn't seem to fix the problem.
Then I tried Rallas' example using his font filename "arial.ttf" which worked without a problem.
Next I went to Microsoft website and looked at their actual font names.  It turned out that the typeface I was looking for, Franklin Gothic, was actually "framd.ttf" When I used this filename I did not get an "FT New Face: Unknown Error."
Reply | Threaded
|

cb3d
There might be another problem, the first step in Rallas' Howto was to use the cmd console to change to the directory that fft2lft was in, in his example it was "cd c:\myprograms\ttf2lff" enter

This changes the cmd prompt to "c:\myprograms\ttf2lff> (be sure lff is using an "L" rather than 1)
Then at this prompt enter ttf2lff.exe....

The only other thing I did was choose "run as administrator" when I opened the CMD console; I have no idea whether this helped or not.