Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build on OSX

Gertwin
New LibreCAD user (developer?) on OSX here.

I tried several (free) CAD applications to load my rather large dxf file (110mb. > 100000 entities).
LibreCAD was the only application which succeeded in doing so.

Next step for me is to to build LibreCAD from the source, but I am getting an error.
I installed boost with homebrew and muparser from the source.

Build output:
bash-3.2$ ./scripts/build-osx.sh
++ dirname ./scripts/build-osx.sh
+ SCRIPTPATH=./scripts
+ cd ./scripts/..
+ rm -rf LibreCAD.app
+ qmake librecad.pro -r
Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/libraries/libraries.pro
 Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/libraries/libdxfrw/libdxfrw.pro
Project MESSAGE: We will be using CPP11 features
 Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/libraries/jwwlib/jwwlib.pro
Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/librecad/librecad.pro
 Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/librecad/src/src.pro
Project MESSAGE: Found Boost in /usr/local
Project MESSAGE: Using Boost includes from /usr/local/include
Project ERROR: Package muparser not found

I saw in muparser.pri the library is located with pkg-config.

In my case pkg-config can find it:
bash-3.2$ pkg-config --cflags --libs muparser
-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lmuparser

Any ideas why qmake does not find muparser?

Thanks,

Gertwin

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Build on OSX

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Gertwin,

that’s rather odd, because what you show there looks ok to me.
I am used to macports through and we very recently are in macports aswell (for Mavericks, but soon for <10.9 if everything goes fine).

This the output of macports:
imac:~ rvt$ pkg-config --cflags --libs muparser
-I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib -lmuparser 

--
Kind Regards,

e:[hidden email] / Tel. <a href="callto:+1%20803%20426%203350">+1 803 426 3350 / Skype: <a href="callto:r.vantwisk">r.vantwisk
http://riesvantwisk.com / chat:<a href="im:vantwisk@gmail.com">vantwisk@gmail.com

On Jan 30, 2014, at 5:21 PM, Gertwin [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried several (free) CAD applications to load my rather large dxf file (110mb. > 100000 entities).
LibreCAD was the only application which succeeded in doing so.

Next step for me is to to build LibreCAD from the source, but I am getting an error.
I installed boost with homebrew and muparser from the source.

Build output:
bash-3.2$ ./scripts/build-osx.sh
++ dirname ./scripts/build-osx.sh
+ SCRIPTPATH=./scripts
+ cd ./scripts/..
+ rm -rf LibreCAD.app
+ qmake librecad.pro -r
Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/libraries/libraries.pro
 Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/libraries/libdxfrw/libdxfrw.pro
 Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/libraries/jwwlib/jwwlib.pro
Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/librecad/librecad.pro
 Reading /Users/gertwin/work/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.source/librecad/src/src.pro
Project MESSAGE: Found Boost in /usr/local
Project MESSAGE: Using Boost includes from /usr/local/include
Project ERROR: Package muparser not found

I saw in muparser.pri the library is located with pkg-config.

In my case pkg-config can find it:

Thanks,

Gertwin

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Build-on-OSX-tp5709473.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by Gertwin
You may try to set in librecad/src/muparser.pri:

MUPARSER_DIR = /usr/local
INCLUDEPATH += "$${MUPARSER_DIR}/include"
LIBS += -L"$${MUPARSER_DIR}/lib" -lmuparser

remove all other lines

if it still fails, try to build muparser by MacPorts and restore changes in muparser.pri accordingly.

Gertwin wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

Gertwin
In reply to this post by R. van Twisk
I don't think the problem is homebrew vs. macports.
This could be an answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16972066/using-pkg-config-with-qt-creator-qmake-on-mac-osx

Reply | Threaded
|

Gertwin
In reply to this post by dxli
Using:

MUPARSER_DIR = /usr/local
INCLUDEPATH += "$${MUPARSER_DIR}/include"
LIBS += -L"$${MUPARSER_DIR}/lib" -lmuparser

worked, thanks.

But it must be possible to use pkg-config with Qt on OSX, I have to investigate this.

Also to use C++11, on OSX the QMAKE_MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 10.6 is to old, you need to set it to a newer version.
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator

Gertwin,

it’s rather odd, because according to this blog : http://www.beaufour.dk/blog/2008/02/using-pkgconfig.html it should work.

I am personally compiling 2.0.2 using latest macports on 10.7 and 10.9 without pkg-config issues.
A quick search on google didn’t reveal that macports does have it enabled, but I couldn’t find any evidence of that yet.

On Jan 31, 2014, at 2:28 PM, Gertwin [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't think the problem is homebrew vs. macports.
This could be an answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16972066/using-pkg-config-with-qt-creator-qmake-on-mac-osx

http://forum.librecad.org/Build-on-OSX-tp5709473p5709485.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Gertwin
I'am trying to use Qt5.2, this is from the qconfig.pri:

QT_CONFIG += minimal-config small-config medium-config large-config full-config build_all debug_and_release no-pkg-config accessibility opengl shared qpa reduce_exports getaddrinfo ipv6ifname getifaddrs png freetype no-harfbuzz system-zlib nis cups iconv openssl rpath corewlan concurrent audio-backend debug release qt_framework

So I think no-pkg-config is defined by default on OSX and pkg-config has to be explicit enabled.

I managed to compile LibreCAD against homebrew Qt5.2 using the XCode 5.0 clang compiler.
All problems solved, next is learning to work with LibreCAD.

B.t.w. the binary Qt5 distribution from http://qt-project.org/ did not work because this is linked with libstdc++.
Qt5 from homebrew is linked with libc++, which is the default with clang.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Hey Gertwin,

that’s all good information to have.
I use Qt4.8 from macports, and properly/maybe the default’s of macports is different?

I have a question for you,
after the compilation, can you run : otool -L LibreCAD (on the executable…)
make sure that you ran macdeployqt LibreCAD.app on it

I am curious to know how that looks like with homebrew.

--
Kind Regards,

e:[hidden email] / Tel. <a href="callto:+1%20803%20426%203350">+1 803 426 3350 / Skype: <a href="callto:r.vantwisk">r.vantwisk
http://riesvantwisk.com / chat:<a href="im:vantwisk@gmail.com">vantwisk@gmail.com

On Jan 31, 2014, at 6:11 PM, Gertwin [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'am trying to use Qt5.2, this is from the qconfig.pri:

QT_CONFIG += minimal-config small-config medium-config large-config full-config build_all debug_and_release no-pkg-config accessibility opengl shared qpa reduce_exports getaddrinfo ipv6ifname getifaddrs png freetype no-harfbuzz system-zlib nis cups iconv openssl rpath corewlan concurrent audio-backend debug release qt_framework

So I think no-pkg-config is defined by default on OSX and pkg-config has to be explicit enabled.

I managed to compile LibreCAD against homebrew Qt5.2 using the XCode 5.0 clang compiler.
All problems solved, next is learning to work with LibreCAD.

B.t.w. the binary Qt5 distribution from http://qt-project.org/ did not work because this is linked with libstdc++.
Qt5 from homebrew is linked with libc++, which is the default with clang.

Thanks.

http://forum.librecad.org/Build-on-OSX-tp5709473p5709488.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Gertwin
Running otool on LibreCDA from the contents of LibreCAD.app:

bash-3.2$ otool -L LibreCAD
LibreCAD:
        /usr/local/lib/libmuparser.2.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtHelp.framework/Versions/5/QtHelp (compatibility version 5.2.0, current version 5.2.0)
        /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets (compatibility version 5.2.0, current version 5.2.0)
        /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui (compatibility version 5.2.0, current version 5.2.0)
        /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (compatibility version 5.2.0, current version 5.2.0)
        /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/5/QtPrintSupport (compatibility version 5.2.0, current version 5.2.0)
        /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtSvg.framework/Versions/5/QtSvg (compatibility version 5.2.0, current version 5.2.0)
        /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 120.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1197.1.1)

Reply | Threaded
|

kshrid
New user here and not a developer.

I'm installing on OSX 10.7. The Lion installer for v2.0.0 (the latest version for which a dmg installer is available) failed, so I tried installing from the source using macports.

However, the muparser package can not be found. Below is an excerpt of the console output.

Any ideas about what I should be doing next? I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

:info:configure  Reading /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_cad_LibreCAD/LibreCAD/work/LibreCAD-2.0.3/librecad/src/src.pro
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: We will be using CPP11 features
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: Found Boost in /opt/local
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: Using Boost includes from /opt/local/include
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtHelp in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtSvg in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtSql in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtGui in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtCore in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project ERROR: Package muparser not found
:info:configure Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_cad_LibreCAD/LibreCAD/work/LibreCAD-2.0.3" && /opt/local/bin/qmake -r PREFIX=/opt/local QMAKE_CC=/opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.8 QMAKE_CXX=/opt/local/bin/g++-mp-4.8 QMAKE_OBJC=/opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.8 CFLAGS="-Os -m64" CONFIG+="build_muparser"

:info:configure Exit code: 2
:error:configure org.macports.configure for port LibreCAD returned: configure failure: command execution failed

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
did you try to build from source following:

wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source#Building_LibreCAD-2.0_on_OS.2FX

This muparser building issue was fixed for 2.0.4 release

kshrid wrote
New user here and not a developer.

I'm installing on OSX 10.7. The Lion installer for v2.0.0 (the latest version for which a dmg installer is available) failed, so I tried installing from the source using macports.

However, the muparser package can not be found. Below is an excerpt of the console output.

Any ideas about what I should be doing next? I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

:info:configure  Reading /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_cad_LibreCAD/LibreCAD/work/LibreCAD-2.0.3/librecad/src/src.pro
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: We will be using CPP11 features
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: Found Boost in /opt/local
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: Using Boost includes from /opt/local/include
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtHelp in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtSvg in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtSql in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtGui in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtCore in directory /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
:info:configure Project ERROR: Package muparser not found
:info:configure Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_cad_LibreCAD/LibreCAD/work/LibreCAD-2.0.3" && /opt/local/bin/qmake -r PREFIX=/opt/local QMAKE_CC=/opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.8 QMAKE_CXX=/opt/local/bin/g++-mp-4.8 QMAKE_OBJC=/opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.8 CFLAGS="-Os -m64" CONFIG+="build_muparser"

:info:configure Exit code: 2
:error:configure org.macports.configure for port LibreCAD returned: configure failure: command execution failed