File created - a plan view - when opened now, I cannot delete, modify, trim, or modify. It is acting like an imported file? How can I get it back the way it was?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Ian
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

File created - a plan view - when opened now, I cannot delete, modify, trim, or modify. It is acting like an imported file? How can I get it back the way it was?

Ian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: File created - a plan view - when opened now, I cannot delete, modify, trim, or modify. It is acting like an imported file? How can I get it back the way it was?

dellus
Can you select single elements? If not, but always the whole drawing is selected, you might accidentally have made a block of it. Explode it. Was it created in LibreCAD?
Oh no, better clue: You have locked the layer/s. Lock symbol in Layer List black then.
Ian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: File created - a plan view - when opened now, I cannot delete, modify, trim, or modify. It is acting like an imported file? How can I get it back the way it was?

Ian
It was created in LibreCAD and as you mention the whole drawing is selected and not single elements.
I am new to this and this was my second project. I was trying to use Blocks from my first project on this second project and that might be how it became a block. So you say I must explode it so it is no longer a Block?  
Ian
Reply | Threaded
|

Ian
In reply to this post by dellus
Your second solution was the correct way to go. All fine now. Thanks
Ian
Reply | Threaded
|

Ian
In reply to this post by dellus
Dellus, I do have one further question I need help with. I created a number of blocks in my first project. Items like doors, plumbing fixtures, etc for insertion into the plan. I now want to use the block items in second project without having to re-make the blocks. How do I bring them from Project 1 to Project 2?
I tried importing but that brought the plan of project 1 in, not the Blocks.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In the Block List there is "save the active block to a file"(floppy symbol). Then you can import the file as a block.
Another possibility could be to delete the contents of Project 1 but keep the blocks, resave it as Project 2 and use it as template for a new drawing. Haven't tested it, but should work.
Ian
Reply | Threaded
|

Ian
Thanks for your help. Got the blocks files in their own folder and can add the items as I need to. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 26, 2020, at 3:12 PM, dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

In the Block List there is "save the active block to a file"(floppy symbol). Then you can import the file as a block.
Another possibility could be to delete the contents of Project 1 but keep the blocks, resave it as Project 2 and use it as template for a new drawing. Haven't tested it, but should work.

To unsubscribe from File created - a plan view - when opened now, I cannot delete, modify, trim, or modify. It is acting like an imported file? How can I get it back the way it was?, click here.
NAML