Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Having trouble opening DRX in other software

mettleramiel
If this is an easy fix, please excuse me, I am very new to drafting, only making this file today after watching a half hour tutorial.

I'm looking to get some pieces made at a local waterjet company so I drafted up the pieces I want and brought them over on a flash drive. I saved in all the formats available to Librecad just in case. The wterjet company tried opening the files in Rinoceros, but no matter which file they tried, all that was displayed was a single, straight verical line, which is especially annoying since there are no straight vertical lines in my drawing!

I'm only drawing on one layer with nothing hidden. I double checked when I got home that there wasn't a problem with the flash drive saving the files, but they opened up just fine for me in Librecad. Is there something I'm missing here? Please help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Having trouble opening DRX in other software

mettleramiel
To add to this, I just went to https://www.sharecad.org/ and uploaded my file and I get the same thing, just one vertical line. I must be doing something wrong here.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
please upload a testcase dxf to this forum.

mettleramiel wrote
To add to this, I just went to https://www.sharecad.org/ and uploaded my file and I get the same thing, just one vertical line. I must be doing something wrong here.
Reply | Threaded
|

mettleramiel
This post was updated on .
anchor3.dxf

Here it is!

I also have since changed the colour of the lines and gave them a thickness as it was set to 0mm.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
corrupted dxf file, you have coordinates in file at magnitude of e+18

I manually fixed it by removing the e+18 factors

anchor4.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
In reply to this post by mettleramiel
Your file opened in AutoCAD:

Your issue:
All your pieces are inside of a bounding box from 0,0 to 600,600 except the two vertical lines that are
in 68, 40 to 80, 1.835.300.000.000.000.000

opening it in Librecad or autocad are shown because do NOT executes a "zoom extent" on open the file
and it seems that rhinoceros does.
Probably the drawing are present in rhinoceros, but it is too small compared to the vertical lines that seems do not exist.

Solving in LC:

Open the file, and execute "view->zoom out" (all are shown)
next "select->select all" (all are selected)
"select->deselect window" click and draw a window containing the entire drawing (only the 2 lines are selected)
and "modify->delete selected"
save

Another tip,
the accuracy and cleanliness are very important in CAD ​​files, especially to exchange with 3D modeling programs
so you should delete the little line that is in 56.6, 51.5
and correct the rounded ends of arrows
Reply | Threaded
|

mettleramiel
In reply to this post by dxli
Thank you very much! I will bring this to the waterjet people and see if it works now.

Was it the two vertical lines that extended that far? I'm not sure where those came from as I can not see them when I open the file in Librecad