Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Inconsistent hatch display behaviour

makrug
I have a scanned image (jpg) of a work site on one layer and on another layer I have drawn hatched polygons showing areas/building of interest on the site. I find that the display of the hatching (when both layers are switched on) to be inconsistent. Sometimes a polygon only displays its outline, but no hatching; other times the hatching does show up. If I hide the image layer and just view the polygon layer the hatching is all there where it's supposed to be, but when I switch the image layer back on then some hatchings are visible and some not. Any ideas?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Inconsistent hatch display behaviour

Rallaz
Select from menu "Edit->Draw order->Move to Bottom", select the image and press enter
Reply | Threaded
|

makrug
Thanks Rallaz. I'm using LC in v1.0.4 as a PortableApp and I guess the feature you mention is in v2 - I'll look forward to trying your suggestion when PortableApps is updated.
Reply | Threaded
|

makrug
OK, so I found a portable version of LC rc2 and tried the Edit>Draw Order tools, but that didn't help either - seemed to display the same inconsistencies. What did work in the end was to create a new layer called xBaseMap and moved my jpg background image onto that. The "x" forced the layer order to the bottom of the list which is sorted alphabetically and that did the trick.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jim Thompson
In reply to this post by makrug
I'm having the same problem.
My drawing is much simpler though. I had a hatched section of my drawing showing ok. Now when I open it days later, it does not show.
Also, the hatch function does not appear to be working, even though it shows the notice: "hatch created successfully " in the field below.
What is happening? Can someone tell me?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
please upload a test case dxf, and steps to reproduce.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
In reply to this post by Jim Thompson