classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to convert a spline to a polyline?

heliosoph
Hello,

I installed LibreCad some days ago. Now the first drawings are done . They show parts that shall be laser cut and the dxf files are sent directly to the laser cutting company. The drawings include some splines. Unfortunately the company doesn't accept drawings with splines so I have to convert the splines to polylines.

After some trying and clicking I had a polyline on the screen once but I cannot reproduce it. So my question is: How can I convert the splines to polylines?

My system: LibreCad 2.0.0 from the Debian jessie package

Best regards

heliosoph
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to convert a spline to a polyline?

Rallaz
Dxf R12 do not support splines, then save as R12 and all splines are converted to polylines
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
In reply to this post by heliosoph
Hello Heliosoph

Go to Modify > Explode...select the spline and press enter, this should break down the spline into line segments. This will be OK for the laser cutter to read.
Reply | Threaded
|

heliosoph
Thanks for the very quick answers!!

As I have the German GUI the translation of "Explode" in the Modify menue is: "Block aufbrechen". So I thought is was only for blocks and didn't use it because I hadn't created any blocks.

Works fine, thanks alot.

Very best regards

heliosoph
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
can you help fix the translation at translate.librecad.org ?

Please register an account and let us know your username, if you don't have an account to submit translation yet.

heliosoph wrote
Thanks for the very quick answers!!

As I have the German GUI the translation of "Explode" in the Modify menue is: "Block aufbrechen". So I thought is was only for blocks and didn't use it because I hadn't created any blocks.

Works fine, thanks alot.

Very best regards

heliosoph
Reply | Threaded
|

heliosoph
@dxli:

I registered on translate.librecad.org with username heliosoph and made a suggestion (hope I did it right).

heliosoph
Reply | Threaded
|

heliosoph
While working with the Explode instruction I saw the german translation before the commandline:

"Auswählen zum Aufbrechen eines Blocks"

and wanted to suggest another translation according to the suggestion above in the modify menue like:

"Auswählen zum Aufbrechen"

Then I saw on the translation server that the english version is:

"Select to explode block"

So one should probably change both the english and german version to make clear that the Explode function not only works for blocks but I don't know the intention of the original author. This is why I didn't make another suggestion on the translation server.

Hope this info is helpful

heliosoph
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by heliosoph
Thanks!

I added permissions for you to submit translations.

heliosoph wrote
@dxli:

I registered on translate.librecad.org with username heliosoph and made a suggestion (hope I did it right).

heliosoph