Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Inserting / Copying block into a layer

JDelgado0311
I'm creating alternate room layouts.  I copy some of the items from one layer to another.  I'm having problems with a block I created (Toilet).  I am unable to copy from one layer (Layout Old) to a second layer (Layout New).  I then tried to insert the block (Toilet) into Layout New but it did not display in the layer. I made sure that the Current layer was Layer New.  When both the New and Old layers are visible, I can see that there are 2 Toilets slightly offset from each other.  When I hide the New layer, one of the Toilets disappears. When I hide the Old layer and display only the New layer, no Toilets are displayed.

I would appreciate any help and guidance.

Jesse

####FamRoom_Electrical.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Inserting / Copying block into a layer

dxli
It seems to be a bug to me.

I modified your file a little bit.
 FamRoom_Electrical.dxf

In this new dxf, both layers "Layout Old" and "Layout New" must be visible to show the toilet insertions.

JDelgado0311 wrote
I'm creating alternate room layouts.  I copy some of the items from one layer to another.  I'm having problems with a block I created (Toilet).  I am unable to copy from one layer (Layout Old) to a second layer (Layout New).  I then tried to insert the block (Toilet) into Layout New but it did not display in the layer. I made sure that the Current layer was Layer New.  When both the New and Old layers are visible, I can see that there are 2 Toilets slightly offset from each other.  When I hide the New layer, one of the Toilets disappears. When I hide the Old layer and display only the New layer, no Toilets are displayed.

I would appreciate any help and guidance.

Jesse

####FamRoom_Electrical.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Inserting / Copying block into a layer

Rallaz
In reply to this post by JDelgado0311