Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Layer list

JR
This post was updated on .
Windows10Pro
Layer list
I'm following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Cb06CLQbo Librecad Basic Beginners Tutorial As the tutorial adds layers those layers are being added to the Layer List.
When I add layers they are not added to the layer list (however, if I attempt to add a layer with the same name as previously, it will tell me that layer already exists). Why is the layer list not recording my new layers?

Thanks
JR
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Layer list

JR
I can only answer my question regarding the Layers information that failed to show up (yet, apparently was being recorded by the program, 'behind the scenes')...as follows:

When I closed the program and later, started LibreCAD again, and brought up the file that I'd saved, the Layers information showed up as it should have when I was originally entering it. The Layer area also allowed me to change Layer information (Edit Layer, etc.) as I would have expected.

I'll try to file this as a bug report.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Layer list

LordOfBikes
Administrator
There are already some discussions about this here and on github.
The problem is, that the LibreCAD undo/redo system keeps layer names on undo, in case you use redo.
So I assume you added a layer, then used undo, what removed the layer from the list and then tried to add a layer with the same name again. This doesn't work.
But when you close the file and reopen it, the undo/redo system for the file is reset and it is possible to add a layer with the same name as before.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
JR
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Layer list

JR

Thank you for this informative reply. It’s nice to know this program is still a work-in-progress.

In a past life I worked as a software designer (even had a stint with AutoCad) so explanations like this I find very interesting.

Can you direct me to that area where the discussions you mention were voiced? I’m curious to know more about that issue.

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 1:25 AM
To: JR
Subject: Re: Layer list

There are already some discussions about this here and on github.
The problem is, that the LibreCAD undo/redo system keeps layer names on undo, in case you use redo.
So I assume you added a layer, then used undo, what removed the layer from the list and then tried to add a layer with the same name again. This doesn't work.
But when you close the file and reopen it, the undo/redo system for the file is reset and it is possible to add a layer with the same name as before.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

https://forum.librecad.org/Layer-list-tp5719931p5719936.html

To unsubscribe from Layer list, click here.
NAML

Virus-free. www.avast.com