classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD with permission problem in ArchLinux

MaxHartvite
Hi,
I would like to help with LibreCAD the relationship because I installed the package in ArchLinux and some file that I try to open my backup files from AutoCAD (Autodesk) it's the same warning "Can not open the fil
/ Home / max / Documents / Transit / Mapabase_PMD articulacao2d_02_2004_cad2010.dwg Please check its existence and permissions. "But I have already given permission to the folder where the files are and still gives the same error. My distribution is ArchLinux.
thanks for the help

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD with permission problem in ArchLinux

aTom
Hi,

I've been having a similar problem, while trying to open a dwg file (except it wasn't made with autocad but draftsight).
Librecad can be quite verbose to help you debug your problem, in a terminal, try running the following command :
$ librecad --debug 6 'your_file.dwg' > librecad.log 2>&1

librecad will try to open your dwg file and log everything to librecad.log. Then try this command :
$ cat librecad.log | grep DXFRW && cat librecad.log | grep dwg && cat librecad.log | grep DWG

You should get about eveything related to your dwg import.

As for my dwg files, I had bad dwg version errors and printDwgError: DRW::BAD_READ_OFFSETS errors.

I found a workaround, but not a good one. I used draftsight to export my dwg files as dxf and librecad could import the dxf files easily. Now I can go on working on my drawings =)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD with permission problem in ArchLinux

Jim Thompson
In reply to this post by MaxHartvite
I have been haunted with the same problem since I started using LibreCad some years ago. Not yet totally resolved. Lost drawings etc.
I have opened more than one thread on the subject, but not yet managed to totally resolve it in my understanding.
This is one of the threads:

http://forum.librecad.org/Correct-prodedure-for-avoiding-file-permission-problem-td5714520.html

It is a bit disappointing that you have not yet received some assistance on this thread Max!
Have you managed to resolve it otherwise?