Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Print is offset from preview

Jim Winkler
I am printing an image onto "letter" size paper and have letter selected. I have drawn an 11"x8.5" rectangle with tick marks every 1/2" to check the print scaling. I then go to print preview, set the scale to 1:1 and overlay the white print area over the 11"x8.5" rectangle I have drawn. The rectangles fit precisely. I then print. The print result has the desired print area to the right and down about 1/4". The bottom and right edges of the 11"x8.5" rectangle are truncated. The top and left edges (which should be missing as they are off the print margins) are visible. The tick marks are on 1/2" centers, so the scaling is correct. Any suggestions as to what is going on? I could fix it by trial and error, but as I do a number of other print scales, I would like for the print preview area to correspond to the actual print area.

Removing the 11"x8.5" rectangle, the print has the same displacement, sans rectangle.

Thanks -Jim

Version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Sep 23 2016
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.60.0
System: Windows

Brother HL-L5200DW series printer

Template_A_2.dxf
The drawing file

Result from printer
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Print is offset from preview

dellus
I have this too. It seems to be a Windows problem. As I haven't heard complaints about this from other users I reckoned it's connected to Win XP, I'm still on XP. I couldn't test on newer versions. It doesn't happen in Linux. As a workaround I place a dot as a mark for the upper right corner with the according offset, to easily shift the drawing at Print Preview. Alternatively you can export it to pdf and print that, works ok.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jim Winkler
Thank you for your reply. I'm on Windows 10 64 pro.
Export to PDF works quite well. I often do brain dumps to a drawing and just print out a small bit. As the print preview & scale functions are not present, I could save it as another drawing and delete everything else.
Cheers -Jim
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
You can export to pdf from Print Preview as well. Just make all your settings in print preview, set scale etc and maybe select only of part of the drawing, just as if you would do a paper printout, stay in Print Preview mode and do the pdf export.