I am interested in utilizing LibreCAD to do string art design (see string art video). I feel I may need the following:
(1) Set the boundaries of a work area (letter is 8.5"x11" for example).
(2) Within the boundaries, use combinations of lines, circles, arcs, and splines to create "paths" for the placement of nails. Possibly bit mapped images would need to be traced.
(3) Using a small circle to simulate a nail head, place a nail a certain "path distance" along a path to create spacings.
(4) Use "point to circle tangent" and "two circle tangents" to create lines simulating string wound around nails.
(5) Use layers for different colors of string, the nails, and the paths.
Would someone be kind enough to produce a tutorial for me? I would look up the above functions in the user's manual, but I see that it is under construction. A tutorial would be a great help, or even just explanations of parts of what I have written above.
I am producing a user manual for LibreCAD now. It is a Basic Manual that covers Basic functions in LibreCAD. The download link is on the forum under User Manual and I put the link on Mediafire so its a free download for everyone. I am still adding content but what I have in the manual right now will give you a good start at least. Once I finish the basic manual then I will look to an advanced manual.
at tuxpaint, www.tuxpaint.org , we have some very simple (only stright lines, no circles) magic tools that may allow you to draw quick previews of string art which then you can precise draw in librecad .
Hope this helps