Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windows 8.1 and Librecad

JohnB
Cannot get some "Modify" items to work in Librecad 2.0.6, such as Mirror, Scale etc.
Can anybody help please ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Windows 8.1 and Librecad

neal
This post was updated on .
I have the same issues with the modify menu bar in 8.1...

it has something to do with using the "continue action" arrow on the bottom of the left hand toolbar, using that arrow after I select the item continues the action of scale, mirror, etc....so it works in 8.1 but definitely has a flaw in it compared to how it works in linux, version 2.02

Neal

PCLOS-LibreCad 2.02
Windows, 7 & 8.1, Librecad, 2.06
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I can not confirm any differences in handling these tools between Win 8.1 and Linux or between LibreCAD 2.0.2 and 2.0.6. If you have any issues with that, please give more detailed information for investigation.

The sticking point for beginners is the selecting tool bar I think. It appears even when entities are already selected. You have to finish the selecting process by pressing ENTER key or the double arrow on the selection tool bar.

See this post Not acting like described in manual for details.

Maybe this gets improved or optimized in future.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

neal
In win 7 and win 8.1 version 2.06, you MUST use the double arrow because when you hit the ENTER key, it terminates the command and you can no longer go on to the next steps in the command...

the linux version 2.02 I use lets you use ENTER key as intended...

Thanks again for a great cad program!!

Neal
LordOfBikes wrote
I can not confirm any differences in handling these tools between Win 8.1 and Linux or between LibreCAD 2.0.2 and 2.0.6. If you have any issues with that, please give more detailed information for investigation.

The sticking point for beginners is the selecting tool bar I think. It appears even when entities are already selected. You have to finish the selecting process by pressing ENTER key or the double arrow on the selection tool bar.

Armin
PCLOS-LibreCad 2.02
Windows, 7 & 8.1, Librecad, 2.06
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnB
In reply to this post by neal
Yes it worked. Thankyou
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by neal
Hi Neal,

This regression since 2.0.2 was fixed after the 2.0.6 release.

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/2818253563bb5253fce77b8160a1a5bff36c9ba8

This fix attempts to fix both "Enter" and "Esc" behaviors.

If you can build from source, please help testing.

neal wrote
In win 7 and win 8.1 version 2.06, you MUST use the double arrow because when you hit the ENTER key, it terminates the command and you can no longer go on to the next steps in the command...

the linux version 2.02 I use lets you use ENTER key as intended...

Thanks again for a great cad program!!

Neal
LordOfBikes wrote

Armin