classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

parts library

Dayco
Hi,
I need to set up a parts library for electrical wiring diagram symbols.  I have watched Gary Fox's youtube videos, which I struggle to understand?  and now read the existing posts.  This post: http://forum.librecad.org/Parts-Library-td5655883.html#a5707089 in which Rollaz makes it seem very simple, however I am not confident of the terminology.  

Make a folder in your 'Home' - does home mean Documents?
What does this symbol represent ' ~ '  ?
he uses forward slash /  when all other info states backslash \   Does this make any difference?

Confused.com Duncan

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: parts library

dxli
he was talking about unix system.

Home is the same as ~. There's no difference in windows powershell between / and \

Dayco wrote
Hi,
I need to set up a parts library for electrical wiring diagram symbols.  I have watched Gary Fox's youtube videos, which I struggle to understand?  and now read the existing posts.  This post: http://forum.librecad.org/Parts-Library-td5655883.html#a5707089 in which Rollaz makes it seem very simple, however I am not confident of the terminology.  

Make a folder in your 'Home' - does home mean Documents?
What does this symbol represent ' ~ '  ?
he uses forward slash /  when all other info states backslash \   Does this make any difference?

Confused.com Duncan
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: parts library

achilliesdev
In reply to this post by Dayco
Hello Dayco,

The video you watch from Gary Fox was produced using Linux which the Home directory is the primary user directory.

Under windows your home directory would be the C:\ drive you can try using C:/Documents/Part Library or something like that. If that does not work the default location for the library file is
C:\Program Files\LibreCAD\resources\library

If you want to leave it on the default location create your directory folders for the blocks under C:\Program Files\LibreCAD\resources\library\Electrical symbols .... etc

I hope this helps you out.

I use Mac so I had to remember the directory structure of Windows....LOL

When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.