12 messages Options
rb
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[résolu] illegible print

rb
This post was updated on .
Hello, I'm having a problem printing plans. The prints are very fine and the plans are barely legible. I can't find the setting to make the graphics bigger.
My printer is a Brother laser DCP9020-CDW. It works very well with other software.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: illegible print

dellus
Have you made the drawing yourself? Is the linewidth 0? Maybe as a property of the layer? Do you print just via File - Print or via Print Preview? How does it look in Print Preview? On what paper size, in what scale? More information is needed. You may provide a sample file.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by rb
rb
Reply | Threaded
|

rb
In reply to this post by dellus
Did you do the drawing yourself?
Yes
Is the line width 0?
apparently yes

Maybe as a layer property? Do you print only via File - Print or via Print preview? What does it look like in the print preview?
I tried from file / print and from the preview icon and print icon, same for all.

On what paper size,
format A4
on what scale?
I can't find the print scale

More information is needed. You can provide a sample file.

I am looking to attach my file
rb
Reply | Threaded
|

rb
In reply to this post by flywire
effectively by changing the size of the lines, it prints larger and therefore more readable. now I have to find the right sizes to indicate on the layers to keep it clean.

rb
Reply | Threaded
|

rb
Thank you for your support.
rb
Reply | Threaded
|

rb
how can we post a file on the forum?
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
You can post a file via "More v" "Upload a file". Don't miss to press "Upload file" after choosing it.
A standard line width for a normal line is 0.25 mm. Lines showing cut massive objects like walls maybe 0.5 mm. Or alternatively give them a fill color.
You can define the line width as a property of the layer, but you also can assign it individually as pen property other than "By Layer", while drawing or afterwards with the "Properties" (single entity) or "Attributes" (several entities possible) command.
rb
Reply | Threaded
|

rb
test1.dxf

for trial
tell me if it's ok
rb
Reply | Threaded
|

rb
I tested and it works, great!

thank you for everything

@ +
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Hallo rb,
you may have found your way yourself by now, but I have played a bit with your file. Maybe it can give you some input.
Test1_mod_025mm.dxf
Test1_mod_050mm.dxf
Test1_mod_050mm_1to50.dxf

The first is mostly left as is, just set most lines to 0.25 mm as standard, to start with, and put a grey fill into the walls.
In the second I made the walls' outline 0.50 mm thick. I also changed the settings in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions according to a intended print scale of 1:100. This makes it easier to switch to a different scale later.
Number three is tuned to a 1:50 scale, and with a hatch instead of a fill for the walls.
When printing you have to set that scale in Print Preview.
You will see you have to consider the intended scale when drawing. For example the windows details are much to delicate and dense for 1:100, even for 1:50, they get clogged from line thickness.
I haven't tuned everything perfectly, just to give you some clues. Work left for you.
By the way, LC 2.1.3 doesn't like changing hatchings'/fillings' attributes properties afterwards, they disappear then. Better delete and redo. Version 2.2.0 RC is much improved in this respect.
rb
Reply | Threaded
|

rb
thank you very much for this return. I'm going to work on it.
On the other hand, version 2.2.0 RC is not accessible for linux, it is in .exe. pity.
@ +
Richard