Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hatching logic

chucky_ott
Hi, new to LibreCAD.  I like it so far but there are a few quirks that drive me crazy.  Hatching is one of them.

I tried to create a new hatch pattern which looks like this:

But when I apply it to my drawing, I get this:

What gives ?gravel3.dxf

What I see are the first entities around the edges that I drew when I did the pattern.  The ones inside the drawing don't show up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hatching logic

chucky_ott
Equally puzzling - and this may be related to the issue - is that the patterns files don't show up in "C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreCAD\resources\patterns" even though I can open them from that location from LibreCAD

Opening a file from LibreCAD:

Patterns available when trying to apply a hatch:

View from Windows 10 file manager:

The only pattern you see in Windows File Manager is gravel4.dxf, which was written after I changed the write permissions on the folder to "Everyone" .   By default, a user should not be able to write to the Program Files folder, which might explain why the first few files don't show up.  But I don't know why they are available from LibreCad ???
Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
In reply to this post by chucky_ott
I just tried another pattern and have the same issue.  But this time I noticed that the only entities that are repeated are the ones that are not closed.  So straight lines and arcs are fine, but not circles.

Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
Yup,  divided some of the circles into two segments and they now show up.  Is there a fix for this or will I have to divide all my shapes ?

Reply | Threaded
|

chucky_ott
Success.  Took the time to divide the circles into two arcs each.

I have attached the pattern if anyone wants to use it.
gravel.dxf